Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Russian Comfrey Discovery


While walking my dog today, I discovered two Russian comfrey plants growing in a grassy area.  It is in an area that was being developed until the Housing Bubble stopped it.  It looks to be Bocking #14, but I'm not completely sure.


The area use to be one huge farmstead until it was sold off sometime during the early 2000's.   Probably because Tacoma said you cannot have any four legged livestock in the city limits as well as chickens unless you have a minimum of 50-foot distance from any of your neighbors from where the chickens will be penned.  There use to be a woman who owned several horses in that area who from time-to-time would walk them down our street.  I miss that.  I really wish Tacoma would repeal that decision for those of us who live more on the edge of town than in its center.

Anyway, I am thinking of harvesting some of it and putting it on my compost pile. Might as well put it to some good use before someone cuts it under. Might even try to take another root cutting if a family member wants it.  We'll see....

No comments:

Post a Comment